Saturday, February 2, 2008

The First Saturday of the Month

The first Saturday of the month is always fun for my kids. This is the day that Home Depot holds its free Kids Club activities from 9-12. My kids have made many things: pencil holders, treasure boxes, castles, baseball holders, medal racks, trays, napkin holders, ect. This week they made football peg wall hangings in honor of the super bowl.

Leilani made a tray instead, and Emilyanne didn't put her football sticker on her project because she is going to paint the wood to look like a leaf and then hang Snow White (Disney Princess) ornaments on it. (She is very creative!)
Benjamin just started going, and he loves to be part of the gang. Notice the cute apron they give to all the kids.
After Home Depot, we went to Barnes and Noble for storytime and a visit from Raggedy Ann.

Next month they have Clifford on the first Saturday!

We always have to play with the train table before we can leave the book store. Benjamin and Haylie never want to leave.
The kids enjoy reading and looking at books too.

Alan actually took the two older kids back this afternoon for an activity to learn codes and coin tricks. They had a lot of fun. I am glad that we live in an area that has so many free activities for families.

5 comments:

carizolli said...

...and I am glad that you blog about these free activities so I know where to take my kids! *lol* I had no idea what fun you can have the first Saturday of the month in this town! THANKS! :)

Cute pictures BTW! I love that Emily is going to make her football peg thingy into a princess board!

Margaret said...

Sounds like fun!

Kelli W. said...

I wonder if our stores do that too? How do you find out about the fun activities? I gues I'd have to actually get out of the house and go visit these places to find out about any fun offerings! I loved the big Raggady Ann!

ShellyH said...

Looks like they all had a great time!

Alli said...

What a fun day!! We were going to head down but Sophie had a birthday party to go to and Brooke was supposed to have a friend over. Would've been fun.