Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Why Is It So Hard?

Benjamin was sweetly singing the "Happy Family" primary song (you know, "I love mother...") and I was wishing I had a video camera to capture it. I borrowed my mom's digital camera, which takes short video clips, and thought I had the perfect way to capture that sweet moment. Little did I know that NOBODY was going to love mother by the time her patience had been used up trying to capture the moment.
First he wanted ME to sing the song, not him.
Now it is his turn to sing, but he is not going to do it! So, I try taking him out of the stroller.
He is pushing his mom's buttons and he knows it.
Then he decides maybe he'll sing a different song (Down by the Bay), but gets distracted by a spider.
This time he gets a few phrases from "Down by the Bay," (by the bay, watermelons grow, back to my home) but he won't stay still to save his soul. Then he says he will sing "I love sister..." but he doesn't.
Now he decides to tackle mom's legs. I can't video him and he won't have to sing.
You'll notice dad in the side of the picture. He came out to help, because I was losing the battle, but he had no success either. Needless to say, I never did get him singing on the camera.

Why is it is so hard to get that perfect video or that perfect picture? I'm sure every one of you mothers have gone through this. It's the behind the scenes action. Sigh...I guess it just makes success that much sweeter!

2 comments:

SusieQ said...

I think this is just as darling as if he would have sung for you. It shows off his personality.

Kelli W. said...

I agree with susan! Those videos are priceless! Unless you carry the camera around your neck at all times, you'll never get the footage or shot you want. I've tried to recreate the moment too many times and it never works! This was more fun to watch you trying and it not working! He's such a cutie.