Monday, February 25, 2008

Leaving for our Mother Daughter Disney trip

So, tomorrow we are off on our trip to Disneyland. We are all excited. I had to laugh when Elisabeth told Alan tonight, "Dad, you'll have to be the boss while Mom is gone." Hmmm, what does that tell you about our house?
We just broke the news to Emilyanne and Elisabeth that we were going to surprise Leilani and let her go with us in the morning. (It is almost more exciting to pull off that surprise than to go to Disneyland!) They took it much better than Alan and I thought they would. They were actually excited for Leilani waking up and being surprised. Emily asked, "Don't you need to tell someone that she is going or something?" We told her that we already had her homework from her teachers, and we had let her gymnastics coach know and her piano teacher know. Then Emily asked, "Well, don't you have to pack clothes for her or something?" When we told her that Leilani had a suitcase already packed in Grandma's car, she thought we were really cool parents. They also thought it was cool that they knew she was going and she didn't. I can't wait to see her face in the morning!
We have a cool surprise planned for Emilyanne and Elisabeth too. We took head shots of them and printed them out 8 x 10 size. (of course they don't know this)We are going to take a picture of their favorite characters holding their picture, and then have the character autograph the head shot for them. I think they will like that. Especially because Emilyanne really wanted a picture with Mickey Mouse in his kimono (Disney is celebrating the Chinese year of the rat (mouse) during the month of February) Oh well, it will be her turn to have a special trip next time.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

I hope you are going to surprise me in the morning too!

Not surprised Lisa is the boss! Ha Ha. Me too. But don't tell. One time Lowden said in his prayer..."Bless daddy in his work. And bless mom in telling us what to do!"

Alli said...

I can't wait to hear about Leilani's reaction!!

LeaAnne said...

Lisa..I can not wait to see how it all went~ I have wanted to tell Leilani SOOOO bad..BUT, then what kind of a friend would I be! ;)
I am glad that you are all getting to do this! I know your Mom will LOVE being in the California Sun!

McRoberts Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McRoberts Family said...

You are tagged! Check out my site for what to do...don't worry you can do it after your fun vacation!

carizolli said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see your slide show :)