Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Leilani!

Well, the Disneyland surprise worked! When we woke Leilani up on Tuesday morning, she just got ready for school as usual, even though it was 5:00 am. When I pointed out the time to her, she asked if she could go back to bed until it was time for school. When we had Benjamin ask her if she wanted to go to Disneyland with us, she just ignored him. When I asked her why she wasn't answering him, she asked if she could really go with us. When I told her "yes," she asked "why?" We told her it was her birthday present, and she was excited. We had a great trip and lots of fun.

Grandma Bevans gave her a special birthday treat and let her get her hair done at the Princess Faire at Disneyland.




She felt like a real princess, and it lasted for four days. She managed to wear her hair like that to school on her birthday too, because it lasted so long (with the help of a few fixes from Grandma and Aunt Kim and lots of bobby pins!).


We got home at 4:00 am on her birthday, so it was a lot of work to pull off a family birthday party that night, but we did it.
I can't believe my little girl is ten years old!


4 comments:

Margaret said...

Yeah Leilani!

Her hair looks beautiful!

Still don't know why you guys didn't take me with you. :-)

Kelli W. said...

Great post Lisa! I wish I knew how to post video clips with music. I'll have to rack your brain for tips when I see you! Leilani will love watching that again when she's older! Welcome home. Was Allen a "good boss" while you were gone?

LeaAnne said...

Lisa that just really makes me cry, I love that you did this with her! I am so glad you are home now! :)

carizolli said...

Oh she looks so beautiful! Jenalyn looked at the pictures and the slide show with me and she was so jealous! She wants to get all dressed up like a princess now too.

I'm glad you guys had a great time. I'm sure that was a birthday Leilani will remember her whole life!