Monday, March 24, 2008

Coloring the Eggs

We got together with our Bevans cousins on Saturday afternoon to dye Easter eggs at Grandma and Grandpa Bevans' house.
The kids colored on the eggs with crayons and then dyed them various colors.
Benjamin stuck with green all night, until someone finally stole it from him.
Then he was forced to use purple/pink.

There were enough cups of dye for each kid to have their own, but half of them were green because the green pellet had leaked onto all the other colors. The kids didn't seem to mind, though.

This is me checking to see if Benjamin's mouth was purple after he decided to taste a spoonful of dye. (Thank goodness is wasn't! I must have screamed right as he was getting it up to his mouth and avoided the damage)
I saved an egg to dye after the kids were all done. I gave my dad one too. What can I say? We are just kids at heart.
When the eggs were all dyed, the kids put on a play. These are the flowers dancing and waving.
These are the three Easter bunnies taking a bow.
This is one of the two "kids". Sophie was the other one, but I guess no one got a picture of them together. They had a good time, and we all enjoyed the day.



4 comments:

LeaAnne said...

Great pictures Lisa! Love the one of you! We did so many eggs that I could prbly feed us for a week! lol:)

Margaret said...

So much fun!

Oh to be a Bevans!

Kelli W. said...

I won't even THINK about letting Ryan & Zach dye eggs! Benjamin seems soooooo much older then them! Seriously, if I would have sat them at the table they would have immediately poured the cups of dye all over the table and floor.

carizolli said...

Do your kids realize how lucky they are to have all those cousins so close by? SO lucky! There are 12 cousins on my side of the family and they all live in Utah :(

LOVE the pics of the play! We use to do stuff like that ALL the time! And fashion shows too! Good memories!