Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Day

I took pictures of the kids with their Easter baskets, but those pictures are on film and won't be developed for months. So, our digital story starts with our family pictures after church.

Considering the fact that the kids wanted to change clothes and dive into their candy instead of take pictures, I think they turned out pretty good.
Of course we took a lot of bad pictures to get the good ones...
and each picture has a story behind it. This one for instance. Before we were able to get this picture, my dad told the girls to pull their dresses down to cover their knees. Benjamin didn't want to be left out, so he tried to pull his pant legs down and fell face first off the bench.

We took tons of pictures, but I should have had my dad take one of just Alan and I together, since the next day was our anniversary. I just wasn't thinking about that at the time.


After my sister got out of church (4 pm) we all got together for egg hunting, egg rolling and dinner.
We make the kids start on the stairs, and then they come down one at a time youngest to oldest.
There are a lot of eggs down low for the little kids.
But sometimes they see one up high and need help to reach it (and help not to throw or drop it).
The Easter bunny can get pretty tricky, but usually we find all the eggs (okay, actually it is pretty much a tradition to lose one egg for months and months. But this year we actually found them all!)


Emilyanne knew just where to find the eggs the little kids missed.
Leilani was too short to reach the egg, and all available grown ups were helping the younger kids. But, she finally got her egg!

After the egg hunt we do an egg roll. We get in a circle and on the count of three everyone is supposed to roll their egg into the middle. The egg that goes the longest without being smashed is the winner! (The losers get to be served as deviled eggs at dinner)

Here is a short clip of how the egg rolling goes. It takes a while for the youngest kids to figure out what is going on, but then they love it!
Benjamin wanted to play soccer with his eggs. Then he decided to step on them and see how well they smashed. Luckily I was able to snap the picture and then stop him in time to prevent a big mess on Grandma's living room carpet!

Benjamin loved his stuffed Tigger that the Easter bunny left him at Grandma's house.
We have a lot of fun when we all get together, but sometimes we forget to watch the kids while they are playing. Haylie took advantage and used an entire bottle of Grandma's lipstick to celebrate her Easter in style!

3 comments:

LeaAnne said...

Such cute pictures Lisa! Your Family did WAY beter at the After Church photo than mine did. You look so beautiful in all of them, way to go! Happy Anniversary!

Ashlee said...

It is so fun to see how your family has grown. The Family pix turned out great. I am very impressed!

Margaret said...

You surely win the Easter picture prize this year. I LOST miserably as I know you saw on my blog...

I love the egg roll thing...you'll have to explain it to me better next time I see you. We do Egg Wars sometimes that are really fun. Ask me next time too!