Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Little Helper

Benjamin likes to help me do laundry. When I sort the clothes into piles, he throws them into different piles. When I put the laundry in the washer, he likes to hand the clothes to me and watch the water fill up the machine. When I fold the laundry, he likes to help by taking the clothes out of the dryer and throwing them back into the piles of dirty clothes. Yesterday, though, he tried a new trick. He got into the dryer and played in the clothes while I folded them. He had a lot of fun until the wheel inside turned and he fell sideways with all the clothes on him. I tried to get a picture, but he got out faster than I could take a picture. It was really funny! I guess I am just glad he wants to help. That seems to wear off as they get older :)

4 comments:

Kelli W. said...

That is so cute! Zach & Ryan love to "help" with laundry too, but I really wish they didn't! Luckily, my dryer is stacked on top of the washer because if one climbed in the other would shut the door on him, and probably start it!
The pictures you got of Ben are adorable!

LeaAnne said...

How cute!! He can come over and help me out anytime!! I do not have any idea how to get them all to help! :) but you know that! :)

SusieQ said...

Those pictures of Ben are SO cute. My little guy likes to "help" with laundry, too. He likes to put things away. I find them in strange places.

Alli said...

My sister-in-law told me she used to discourage her little boy from helping because as we all know, sometimes it's not really all that helpful, and then he grew up unwilling to help out. So now she patiently encourages their assistance and hopes that they keep it up :)